Effective January 1, 2023
Please click here for a printable PDF version of this Notice.
This Privacy Notice ("Notice") explains how Constellation Energy Corporation (“Constellation”) and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, including Constellation Energy Generation, LLC, Constellation Home Products & Services, LLC, Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., Constellation NewEnergy-Gas Division, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Constellation” or “Constellation companies,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares your information when you request and obtain our energy services, use our websites or applications, or otherwise interact with us (the "Services"). This Notice also explains your privacy rights and how you can exercise them.
We may change this Notice at any time by posting a revised version on our website. Any changes will be immediately effective upon the posting of the updated Notice. Please regularly check this Notice for any such updates.
This Notice applies to residential and business customers and visitors to websites and applications that facilitate the offering of such Services. If you have applied for employment with Constellation, please see our Job Candidate Privacy Notice.
This Notice explains:
- The Information We Collect
- How Constellation Uses Your Information
- How Constellation Shares Information
- Information Choices
- How We Protect Your Information
- Special Information For California Residents
- Children's Privacy
- Contact Us
- Biometric Information Policy
A. Information We Collect
This section describes our practices when you interact with Constellation in connection with one of the energy services we offer to individuals, or otherwise access Constellation websites or applications.
Information You Give Constellation. If you enroll in Services or otherwise interact with us, we may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information: This includes individual name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, office location, business name, physical address, email address, and telephone number.
- Account information: This includes username and password, name, physical address, email address, and marketing preferences.
- Usage Information: This includes information about your usage of our energy services, including meter data and information on your home or business's energy services (such as size or heating source).
- Transactional information: This includes payment information, such as your credit card or debit card information, and payment history.
- Identification information: This includes information you provide to verify your identity and to participate in a credit check, including your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Customer service interactions: This includes information you provide when you engage with Constellation's customer service, including through recorded telephone calls, chats, surveys, and email correspondence.
- Location information: This includes, for certain Services, your physical address and your approximate or precise geolocation obtained from your mobile device.
- Biometric information: This includes fingerprints and hand geometry scans of persons who visit certain locations of ours. For more information on our biometric information practices, please see our Biometric Information Policy below.
Information Constellation Learns From You. When you interact with our websites or applications, certain information about you is automatically collected via cookies and similar technologies (referred to collectively herein as "cookies"). Cookies are small text files that are stored within your device's memory by a website. Cookies enable a website such as ours to keep track of your activities to improve user experience, advertise our Services, and ensure the security of our Services.
As you use our Services, the following information is automatically collected:
- Usage details about your interaction with our Services, such as which pages you access, frequency of access, what you click on, search terms, date and length of visits, and referring website addresses.
- Device information, including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services, such as device type and unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system, browser, mobile network information, mobile carrier, and the device's telephone number.
- Location information where you choose to provide us with access to information about your device’s location, including information on nearby devices and Wi-Fi access points.
- Session information, including the details of your visits to the Services and information generated in the course of using our Services, such as mouse movements, clicks, page visits, text entered, how long you spent on a page, and other details of your actions on our Services.
We use Google Analytics to conduct analytics and to collect information about usage of the Services. You can learn more about privacy and Google Analytics here. In general terms, Google Analytics collects information on how often users visit the Services, what pages or features of the Services they use, and what other websites users visited prior to accessing the Services. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.